Alphabet reported a 16% rise in revenues in the second quarter to 69.7 billion US dollars at constant currencies. It also gave some new data points:
- People are using Google Lens to do visual searches more than eight billion times per month.
- People are shopping across Google more than one billion times each day
- There are more than three billion monthly active devices running Android worldwide. Last year, consumers activated one billion Android phones.
- YouTube Shorts are watched by over 1.5 billion signed-in users every month, with more than 30 billion daily views.
- YouTube TV has surpassed five million subscribers, including trialists.
Alphabet also reported that Waymo expanded rider-only testing with employees to include downtown Phoenix, and started testing at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor airport. It also began charging "Trusted Tester" riders in San Francisco, a step closer to launching a commercial service with fully autonomous trips. Source: Alphabet collateral